Scholarly Articles: Dr. Badger is active in research into new grinding technologies and publishes his work in the leading academic journals, including the CIRP Annals and the International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture.
Research Programs: Dr. Badger also works with industrial companies in helping them quickly set up research programs to give practical evaluation of different products and processes, with first results often coming within weeks of setting up the program.
Previous programs have been in:
- the “grindability” of different material types
- evaluation of new grinding wheels;
- evaluation of new grinding coolants;
- measurement of dressing-diamond wear rates
- evaluation of new grinding-wheel grit types and bond formulations.
University Visits: He has close ties with the University of Ljubljana, Slovenia and Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland, where he sponsors a Ph.D. student.
A full list of his publications can be found here, in pdf format.